Wednesday, June 01, 2005

i wanna be a bum

alright kids.
i can't take it anymore.
i want to work in colorado in the winter and new braunfels in the summer.

fuck the corporate world. this executive-assisting, office-managing, conference-calling, travel-arranging, expense-reporting, webinar-training, meeting-coordinating, question-answering, supply-ordering, alarm-setting, hair-fixing, makeup-wearing, rush-hour-fighting mess is no longer for me.

i wanna just chill. in a hammock. with a book, a beer and a smoke. how 'bout that?
or run a ski lift and laugh at people when they bust ass.
or throw tubes in the back of a trailer and drive drunk people around for $7/hr.
i'm tired of being a responsible adult.
i wanna be a carefree kid.

and all of this may not be too far away. why you ask?
well here we go. i told my boss i was leaving early yesterday for a retirement party for a friend of mine at jcp.
his response: "they still like you there?"
my response: "um...yea. i'm pretty sure."
my boss: "will they take you back?"
me: "uhhhh...shit."

yea, so i didn't really think too much about it until this morning when i was taking a shower (that's when i do most of my serious thinking). and i'm kinda freaked about it right now.

so other than that...umm...nothing.
wait - i'm irritated as HELL at this lady next to me. she talks hella-loud. God have friday, use your inside voice! i'm about to have an anxiety attack over here!

"well-behaved women rarely make history"
(good thing for me)

out.
~c

9 days 'til the girls river trip...

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Hang in there! I constantly think of how I can move to Montana and make a living. Fly fishing guide...hunting guide in the winter? Oh and I've never considered the hammock but I like the idea. I've got so much jerry springer drama at work you have no idea. I just keep thinking how great it is to have a money and it just seems hard to live without..I'm very torn!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home