Monday, November 28, 2005

wow

long weekends wear me out.
too much food, too much alcohol, too much work. i'm tired.
hmmm....where to begin?

well, after all these years, i think i've finally turned my spouse against me. i drug (is that a word?) him out to the mall on friday. i talked him into one of those cool "past, present, future" necklaces. it's pretty cute, if i do say so myself. we also bought some really cool wusthof knives at williams-sonoma for our combined gift from the grandparents. man, those fuckers are EXPENSIVE. but i hear you can cut a person's head off with them, so that's good...er...i mean handy.

anyhoo, keith's uncle brought 3 bottles of wine to thanksgiving, and i have a whole new respect for chardonnay. damn. i got all red-faced and had to go home, but not before helping put up the 12 foot christmas tree. that s.o.b. was huge. sorry, i think using that word and christmas in the same paragraph may be a little wrong.

friday we went to hooter's and watched the UT/A&M game. longhorns scared me for awhile. luckily they pulled it off though.
what else? oh...saturday night i spent a quiet evening at home putting up my christmas stuff. but then drunk dana (a.k.a. sherry) came over and we drank all night while the man slept.
yesterday i went on the bi-weekly grocery store trip, had the man help me hang outside lights and then put together my new fire pit. i'm not real tool-saavy, but we got it done. we're gonna make a big ol' bonfire tonight in my backyard. if the wind will stop blowing. come on over. colts vs. steelers tonight.

alright, i'm done.
gourds @ the granada friday night. who's in? i am.

"if the shoe fits, buy a pair in every color."
-a brilliant woman, most definitely

peace.
~c

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Speaking of fire pits...I about blew the neighbourhood up this past weekend..thinking I would be all cool and cook quail on the open flame...the hard part was the flame..so I used a little starter fluid..and about blew everything up...flames everywhere and some burt grass to go with it..be carefull with those pits you hear

3:36 PM  
Blogger courtney said...

oh man.
if it can be destroyed, i am the one to do it.
watch the news tonight, people.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home